+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation Certainties!

Re: Relegation Certainties!

I don't see this obsession with "PL Experience". Football is football. There are just players better at it in the premier league.

As long as we have a squad capable of fighting and grinding out enough points to survive, then I don't care what experience that squad has.

We defied belief last season, so hopefully we're on a roll and can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've signed Preston's best player, Bristol City's best player, QPR's best player and Norwich's second best player. I'd rather us sign hungry players from the Champ than piss money up the wall by making the same mistakes we made last time. Let's be honest, if we signed big time charlies, we'd lose the dressing room and then we'd really be in trouble.
    I agree completely with the above. I'm quite happy for us to become a yo-yo club, a la West Brom, when they built the team season upon season, until they stayed up with a decent team.

Promotion last season was an unexpected bonus. As would survival be this season.

I very chilled about it and just hope we can ruffle a few feathers. I'd love to stay up against the odds - if not, the club is heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Promotion last season was an unexpected bonus. As would survival be this season.

I very chilled about it and just hope we can ruffle a few feathers. I'd love to stay up against the odds - if not, the club is heading in the right direction.
    This about sums it up for me. I don’t care what others say about us, if we go down we go down, if we stay up, great. Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Amazing that some are still bitter and twisted after the wrongs have been put right, but that’s life.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The author is a jack who seems to be paid to turn out about a thousand articles a day. One of them yesterday was this ever so witty one about Swansea in which he manages to get another dig in at us

https://www.90min.com/posts/6126611-...gue-relegation
    Does that mean that his article is complete nonsense? That's the sort of crap I get on here since I've stopped going to games - apparently I was a really good poster when I wrote stuff that people agreed with

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've signed Preston's best player, Bristol City's best player, QPR's best player and Norwich's second best player.
    For the record
    Preston finished 7th
    Brizzle finished 11th
    QPR finished 16th
    Norwich finished 14th.

So, Cardiff have signed the best players from a group of mid-table clubs from the division below where Cardiff are about to play. It's looking like a long hard season for you lads and lasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm long past ever caring what people think of the club, but for myself, it would appear that no matter how attractively we play, as long as Warnock is in charge, we wouldn't get the credit anyway. So lets live up to it, within the parameters of the game and rough them all up, big time.
    Talk about paranoia. Cardiff are not getting credit for the football they play because that football is not attractive or interesting to watch. If Cardiff play good football next season, and don't get any credit for it, then I will concede you are right. But, they need to play good football before you get the chance to test this paranoid perception.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Talk about paranoia. Cardiff are not getting credit for the football they play because that football is not attractive or interesting to watch. If Cardiff play good football next season, and don't get any credit for it, then I will concede you are right. But, they need to play good football before you get the chance to test this paranoid perception.
    Let's not forget Warnock and his methods, for many years, were a semi regular topic on here ( and many other web sites) and the vast majority of comments were not complementary.
    I don't think we can moan too much as the disparaging approach to him is a pretty standard response by opposition supporters and the press, as he is seen as the pantomime villain of football.

Worst transfer window in history.

Stupid Jack tw@t.

From the fan of a club who are having to bail out Andre Ayew on loan cos no fecker will buy him after breaking their transfer record.🤣🤣

Then lumbered with Wilf Bony. How much for Clucas and Carrol. Borja fecking Baston and that Spaniard with the dodgy moustache.🤣🤣

We may get relegated but they should be more concerned about a fall closer to home.

Bittet tw@t. Fecking love it.😁

The Badly Ironed Brain is out with his words of wisdom.

😂😂

Time will tell if I am right or wrong.... unless you can actually point to a game where Cardiff played good football and reporters said they just hoofed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Let's not forget Warnock and his methods, for many years, were a semi regular topic on here ( and many other web sites) and the vast majority of comments were not complementary.
    I don't think we can moan too much as the disparaging approach to him is a pretty standard response by opposition supporters and the press, as he is seen as the pantomime villain of football.
    Exactly. I remember people like TOBW being very anti-Warnock when he was at Sheff U or Palace. Now people get upset here if anyone dares call Warnock "Colin" - a name that used to get people wetting themselves on this forum (in the days when more than 12 people posted).

I've always thought Warnock is a hypocrite, a whinger, and a dinosaur - but someone who's teams you knew would give you a hard game.

If we are talking bad seasons of transfers, how about selling the 2 players that kept you up then spending the money on...

Wilf Bony £18m
    Roque Mesa £13m
    Sam Clucas £12m
    Andre Ayew £18m rising to £20m (not much chance of that)

All on long lucrative contracts

Sanchez £6.5m loan fee, plus £50k per week
    On top of the season before Borge Bastón £15m

Something like £85m of fees and the best part of £250k per week of wages.

That’s incompetence on an industrial scale. Wonder if he’ll write about that ?

Time will tell if I am right or wrong.... unless you can actually point to a game where Cardiff played good football and reporters said they just hoofed it?
    Why do you bother coming on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If we are talking bad seasons of transfers, how about selling the 2 players that kept you up then spending the money on...

Wilf Bony £18m
    Roque Mesa £13m
    Sam Clucas £12m

Exactly.

They also had Baston Montero and Amat out on loan as no one would buy them.

Last season was probably a never to be repeated dream. There are some right bitter jacks. Its fecking brilliant😁

Its the best time in my lifetime and maybe the generation before me to be a City fan.

Relegation this time wont be a disaster.

Cant wait for the ko.

Exactly. I remember people like TOBW being very anti-Warnock when he was at Sheff U or Palace. Now people get upset here if anyone dares call Warnock "Colin" - a name that used to get people wetting themselves on this forum (in the days when more than 12 people posted).

I've always thought Warnock is a hypocrite, a whinger, and a dinosaur - but someone who's teams you knew would give you a hard game.
    I was anti Warnock at Sheffield United and had a right moan about him when his Palace side drew here one year, but my opinion of him changed a bit when he got QPR promoted playing what was hardly typical Warnock football. I don't enjoy the sort of football we play much of the time and never will do, but I go to City games to watch them win, not to come home gushing about the lovely football we played in a 4-3 defeat, so I can accept it as long as it's getting results.
    I'd also say that while Warnock gets a bad press from the media and supporters of clubs he has never managed, in the large majority of cases, he is praised by the fans of clubs he has been in charge of (Leeds is the only one I can think of where he consistently gets stick).
    We should prepare ourselves for lots of anti Warnock stuff over the coming months because he has a lot of enemies in the game and, obviously, this dislike will filter into what is being said about his team.
    My worry is that we are likely to be a side that will struggle badly if Plan A fails - I reckon there's a decent chance of it succeeding if last season's spirit and belief can be repeated, but, if it doesn't, we look, by some distance, the weakest squad in the league to me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Wilf Bony £18m
    Roque Mesa £13m
    Sam Clucas £12m

8 million for the wonder boy sanches lol
    This is what sunk and will continue to sink them as the hedge fund cash in to get there loans back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Exactly.

They also had Baston Montero and Amat out on loan as no one would buy them.

Last season was probably a never to be repeated dream. There are some right bitter jacks. Its fecking brilliant��

Its the best time in my lifetime and maybe the generation before me to be a City fan.

Relegation this time wont be a disaster.

Cant wait for the ko.
    We have bought quality players at championship level, should we go down, I’d expect us to have the tools to have a right good go again now. If that’s the way it is so be it. I don’t see that much quality in Huddersfield, Brighton and the likes.....

I was anti Warnock at Sheffield United and had a right moan about him when his Palace side drew here one year, but my opinion of him changed a bit when he got QPR promoted playing what was hardly typical Warnock football. I don't enjoy the sort of football we play much of the time and never will do, but I go to City games to watch them win, not to come home gushing about the lovely football we played in a 4-3 defeat, so I can accept it as long as it's getting results.
    I'd also say that while Warnock gets a bad press from the media and supporters of clubs he has never managed, in the large majority of cases, he is praised by the fans of clubs he has been in charge of (Leeds is the only one I can think of where he consistently gets stick).
    We should prepare ourselves for lots of anti Warnock stuff over the coming months because he has a lot of enemies in the game and, obviously, this dislike will filter into what is being said about his team.
    My worry is that we are likely to be a side that will struggle badly if Plan A fails - I reckon there's a decent chance of it succeeding if last season's spirit and belief can be repeated, but, if it doesn't, we look, by some distance, the weakest squad in the league to me at the moment.

I agree with your sentiment about us being the weakest squad in the league paul. we need two midfielders and a striker in my opinion to be competitive. I watched the game down torquay and whilst murphy and reid were impressive and will bring extra quality to the side our strikers are not going to cut it in the premier league. we seem to be expecting zohore to come good but his good performances were few and far between in the championship so i expect him to struggle in the premier league. I know people will say torquay was only a friendly and we shouldent read anything into those games but he had plenty of opportunities in that game but it just seems that his brain dosent react quick enough to the situation and ends up being closed down or stifled by a defender.

I think the media quite like Warnock these days. He is definitely getting positive reviews and maybe that is easier for me to see as a neutral. But, in saying that, he had his own documentary that was shown nationwide and before he had ever managed in the PL - so maybe the media has always had a fascination for him. I was watching it last night on Youtube, and he is an infectious character - but he is a hypocrite (he said players will blame anyone bar themselves after a bad result - he's exactly the same). He is a whinger (in the documentary he makes a bizarre claim that decisions favour the London clubs).

He's certainly someone you'd prefer to have on your side than not, but the paranoia of him not getting the credit he deserves, and of Cardiff not getting the credit they deserve are all myths that are generated by Warnock himself. It's a clever tactic, and every team he has been at as been his team against the world. Not knocking that, but to say he's getting a press review he doesn't deserve is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why do you bother coming on here?
    I don't know, and I come here less these days.

Why do you bother replying with the same question? Is it rhetorical?

I don't know, and I come here less these days.

Why do you bother replying with the same question? Is it rhetorical?
    I can't remember ever posting such a comment to you before but if I have then the thought of you even commenting on here must confuse me.
    You don't support Cardiff and you actively criticise us. Now you can see why I asked it.