+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ireland at home

Ireland at home

How many tickets did we give the Paddies?
    I received my home ticket for Denmark today and am more than interested to know.
    I just scraped in today to get my Denmark away ticket in the second window on the FAW site.

My point is that having booked my hotel and flights for Dublin I can’t see even a dedicated traveller of which I am one of many I know getting a ticket in Dublin.
    Certainly not if the Paddies are allowed to give us only 500 like they did in the qualifying WC fixture.

We just must get the same number as we give them.

Re: Ireland at home

You know how it is:

I) by some planning quirk Ireland have created a stadium with minimal allowance for football away fans
    II) The Irish fans and media cry foul when their fans get equal number of tickets and say it should be played in a bigger stadium so more can travel
    III) Irish fans get told no, stadium choice isn't their decision so they sneak, as much as you can sneak all decked in green, into the home end

Throw in some nonsense about banning one football band only to create your own version and hooking it up to the PA and some politician making a comment in the press about an unusually bad tackle.....and then tell everyone you're the friendliest football nation around.

Sorry, what was your question? I don't know about allocation, sorry, but I guess it would be same as last time. Unless they have thought about creating a new away end or playing at a different stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    How many tickets did we give the Paddies?
    I received my home ticket for Denmark today and am more than interested to know.
    I just scraped in today to get my Denmark away ticket in the second window on the FAW site.

My point is that having booked my hotel and flights for Dublin I can’t see even a dedicated traveller of which I am one of many I know getting a ticket in Dublin.
    Certainly not if the Paddies are allowed to give us only 500 like they did in the qualifying WC fixture.

We just must get the same number as we give them.
    "Paddies" steady n that's almost Irishphobia language 🙄

I'd assume there will be less interest in the Ireland trip this time round. Everyone seems very keen for the Denmark trip as we haven't been there in a little while.

I'll go to Ireland away out of habit really, been to Dublin too many times now to enjoy the novelty of it any more, also a pain with it being midweek. I'm expecting the same allocation as last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    I'd assume there will be less interest in the Ireland trip this time round. Everyone seems very keen for the Denmark trip as we haven't been there in a little while.

I'll go to Ireland away out of habit really, been to Dublin too many times now to enjoy the novelty of it any more, also a pain with it being midweek. I'm expecting the same allocation as last time.
    Yes agree, with Denmark and Albania coming up I'd imagine there'd be less interest in going to Dublin having played them in the last 18 months.