+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bobby Decordova-Reid

Bobby Decordova-Reid

Does anyone know the reason that Bobby Reid was reinvented as Bobby Decordova-Reid on Saturday?

I was struggling to read the back of his shirt (a lot of letters) but the club match report used the 'new' name too.

I assume the 'Decordova' is his mother's name (or maybe his wife's - I have seen some double-barrelled names appear after marriage when both partners adopt both names?).

Whatever, it looks like Bobby has decided to adopt a new identity with us to mark his break from his Bristol past.

Re: Bobby Decordova-Reid

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Does anyone know the reason that Bobby Reid was reinvented as Bobby Decordova-Reid on Saturday?

I was struggling to read the back of his shirt (a lot of letters) but the club match report used the 'new' name too.

I assume the 'Decordova' is his mother's name (or maybe his wife's - I have seen some double-barrelled names appear after marriage when both partners adopt both names?).

Whatever, it looks like Bobby has decided to adopt a new identity with us to mark his break from his Bristol past.
    I think in the Prem you have slightly more leeway what is on the back of your shirt (Dele, Chicharito for example) while Jota had to be Silva in the EFL. I don't know the full reasons for it but I'd imagine he's wearing it now because he can, and couldn't in the Prem. His names on Instagram and Twitter both include Decordova.

He’s got about 5 middle names I think

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s got about 5 middle names I think
    Is one of them "goal machine" by any chance?

Can you have five middle-names?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Oatway

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I guess you can if you have an odd number of names greater than 7

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Is one of them "goal machine" by any chance?
    No. Wiki lists his middle name as Armani. Dont think it suits him tbh.

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/re...n-behind-name/

Cardiff City striker Bobby Reid has revealed the reason behind the change of name on his shirt.

Reid, who made the switch to South Wales in the summer, made his first appearance for the Bluebirds against Bournemouth on the opening day.

And some of the Bluebirds faithful were left questioning the striker’s shirt after it appeared with ‘Decordova-Reid’ on the back.

But the former Bristol City man has now revealed the reason behind the recent name change alongside his number 14.

The 25-year-old took to his personal Twitter account to answer the question that has been on the lips of the Cardiff supporters.

“For everyone asking about the name change on the back of my shirt, Decordova is my mum’s surname and I wanted to represent her after the hard work she’s done for me.”