Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
I would imagine that Warnock would have expected him to come in and train and perform to certain level, and show a level of commitment that Tomlin didn't buy into, and instead of sacrificing the squad for the player he sacrificed the player instead of the squad.

Surely that is the correct way of doing things, as we have seen the squad gain promotion, whilst despite his talents there are not clubs falling over themselves to sign him.

Warnock sacrificed a squad over a player before in the case of Taarabt, and whilst it worked in the championship, it fell apart spectacular in the Premier league, and was a major player in him eventually losing his job. He may feel he doesnt fancy going that route again.
Maybe, who knows, but Warnock brought him in for a sizeable fee, and it seems he's got it badly wrong. My pitch is that he possesses a style of play that could suit us against sides where we have little chance of winning or more importantly, creating anything, nothing to lose in my book, although I take on board what you've said.