Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
I'd be interested to know what people think the solution is to the fact we don't have enough quality players ? Or whose fault it is ? Was there ever going to be any other outcome in terms of recruitment ?

This is what infuriates me about the situation we are in as a club. It seems there is either a totally unrealistic idea that we can stay up without investing in the squad. If that's the case , it's worrying because it means we are being run by people who are naive about demands of PL football.

Either that, or there is no real expectation of staying up at all. Which is feckin annoying because you are basically condeming the fans , players and manger to a demoralising season ...... potentially.

I don't get it.
My impression is that the club have decided that it's not worth spending when staying up is still a gamble. Maybe there's a thought that we can go down and come back up. I don't know. I don't get it. I previously thought that if we had spent another 25 million on two or three more players we would have at least had a chance to be competitive. Now I'm not so sure.