Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
I have to disagree. 4-5-1 is a very different set up, where the striker is the target man, the wide men comes for overlaps and one of the central midfielders move up behind them in the space hopefully created. Then the team can maintain balance defensively, and slowly offer support to the men up front. But most importantly it’s a much more compact set up to compensate for the lack of abilities you mention. I also disagree about Arter. I think he leads by example on how much work the players need to put in. Every time he looses the ball, he goes straight after it. We do that often, press up high. But we are easy to play through, and all thought Tottenham didn’t exploit that with movement in their team, others have, and will.
Ok, 451 is more defensive, although you have wingers who attack, and who either tuck in or track back-no overlapping fullbacks, although I can't see a huge difference in what I've described as to how we play now. As for Arter working hard after losing possession, then maybe he should work on keeping the ball for a bit longer and put that energy into something more positive I can't see what people see in him.