Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
The first two games I saw down the city, Tosh scored two against Birmingham City and then a hat trick against Hull. And then he was sold to Liverpool. As a six year old he was my hero, and it broke my heart at the time that he was off to play for someone else. But at least it set me up at an early age to expect disappointment whenever the bluebirds were involved.

He.did score against us when we beat the jacks 3-2 and that was his very last League goal I think.
Broke a lot of peoples hearts,haven’t been down since they sold Toshack was a regular reply when talking Cardiff City after he was sold,my hero too,and someone they should have built a team around they couldn’t wait to get rid of him which was crazy when you think that only a few seasons before they broke the bank to bring an over the hill John Charles to South Wales.Saw his last game for us at QPR where we one to go top of the division.As for how good he was well best header of a ball l have ever seen and although sometimes looking awkward with the ball at his feet scored some fine goals with both feet couldn’t take a penalty mind don’t think he ever scored one for us,how good was he,good enough for Shankleys Liverpool so not to shabby l guess