Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I don't think that is really fair on him. He broke into the First Team (again) at the end of the 16-17 season, then had a serious ankle injury in the summer that ruled him out in 17-18 until the New Year - but by then he had NML, Junior etc in front of him and no way back into the side. If, as reported, he considered a move away in the summer in search of First Team football, but decided to stay and fight for a start, and then forced his way into Warnock's thinking because of his performances in training and positive attitude, then he has done everything you could ask of him.

I don't think there is much evidence that he is injury prone (that one serious ankle injury apart), and I don't remember him being inconsistent, or turning it on until he got a new contract then fading away. I may be wrong on one or both of those points (memory not what it was) but I don't think so. I like Kadeem - always have - and think he should get a new contract asap, but I will accept that he hasn't got a lot of First Team appearances behind him to prove his worth beyond doubt.
I’m probably being a bit harsh but watching him on the weekend he looked like a different player to the Kadeem I’m used to seeing play. He does have form for making that extra effort when contract time is nearly up in my book. There’s a reason we’ve barely seen him in all the years he’s been here and it’s not just injuries.