Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
We were a little meek in the first half and maybe I'm being a bit selective memory-wise but I can't remember them having any killer opportunities apart from their goal. I feel the whole of the second half was ours. Even from the kick off, putting it out long to the right wing like a kick off in rugby.....it wasn't pretty but we looked like we meant business.

They had a couple of long shots and that youngster they've got could have done better with the Cavallero cross. Some scrambles in the box as well, but nothing incisive enough from them I felt. They've probably lost 5 of their last six for a reason We've probably won 3 from four at home for a reason .

We were gutsy and passionate in our play for most of the second half. If we didn't win the second balls we got amongst them and tackled well. We limited them and were strong in their box. We won the 50/50 balls when it counted most and broke up play when we needed to.
I think the phrase that springs to mind is "one for the purists", but agree with all of that. They looked out of sorts. We wanted it more than them in the end.