+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Nice write up Paul.
    Do me Warnock completely out- thought Nuno.
    It was clear from Sunday’s game that Wolves have little width and suffer if you press and flood the middle.
    Warnock’s selection did that and Wolves got dragged into a battle that we gradually got on top with.
    Traore in the middle ? Waste, he’s frightening out wide with space, but his touch isn’t good enough for the congested central area and the excellent Morrison and Bamba hit him early and often, not allowing him to turn or run at them anywhere near enough to be effective.
    In his one chance to do that he gave the ball away to the also excellent Manga

I also thought Camerasa and Ralls after poor first half’s were much more effective second half. Camerasa’s composure is a joy to watch in a team where so many of our players aren’t comfortable on the ball under pressure

Re: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Nice write up Paul.
    Do me Warnock completely out- thought Nuno.
    It was clear from Sunday’s game that Wolves have little width and suffer if you press and flood the middle.
    Warnock’s selection did that and Wolves got dragged into a battle that we gradually got on top with.
    Traore in the middle ? Waste, he’s frightening out wide with space, but his touch isn’t good enough for the congested central area and the excellent Morrison and Bamba hit him early and often, not allowing him to turn or run at them anywhere near enough to be effective.
    In his one chance to do that he gave the ball away to the also excellent Manga

I also thought Camerasa and Ralls after poor first half’s were much more effective second half. Camerasa’s composure is a joy to watch in a team where so many of our players aren’t comfortable on the ball under pressure
    Ralls received low marks in the two pieces I read (both gave Gunnar the man of the match award, though I see the BBC gave it to Morrison), but I thought he did okay last night - six or seven out of ten for me. Did you see how Camarasa reacted at the final whistle? He collapsed to the floor out of joy and/or tiredness - either way it said to me that he, like Arter, is a loan player with exactly the right attitude. Warnock can be criticised over his permanent signings in 2018, but the two loan signings he made in the summer have made a big difference to the team.