Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I wouldn't put the names you have listed in the same bracket as Tomlin. Whitts spent the bulk of his career here, McPhail spent the peak of his career here and neither stopped working. Bothroyd is most similar as away from Cardiff (and now in Japan) fans of his other clubs would have, justifiably so, a largely negative opinion of him. I would say he's still different to Tomlin because Tomlin has had the same criticism follow him around at every club and, depending on the level of the league, fans have either decided they could accept his lack of work rate for those genius spells for 5-20 minutes or that their club just couldn't carry him.

I think you have an unfairly negative opinion of our league. But if you do want a comparison then maybe you'd prefer to watch those soccer skills videos as they show creativity and genius but can't do enough of the basics to make it as footballers.
And the comparison with those players was not a like for like with Tomlin, they are all different types of players who did things that I enjoy about football wether that be a piece of skill, defence splitting pass, scoring a worldy.

It was in response to Jamie stating he thinks majority of Cardiff fans prefer headless chickens who give 100%.

I agree with him and used Whitt’s, Mcphail and Botnroyd as examples of the kind of skillfull / technical players who were often targeted by the fans when things weren’t going well.

Whitt’s got booed off the last time we were in the Premier League which is the point Jamie was making, the skillfull technical players are not as appreciated as the headless chickens.