Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
In fairness - we’d be lucky to get either of those for less than what we paid for our permanent signings.
Arter we could have got for what we paid for Murphy or Reid IMO. Wether Arter would have come here on a permanent last summer is another matter. I think maybe he wanted to get away on loan and play himself back into Howes thoughts. Can’t see it now though and I think he’d jump at the chance to sign permanently. That Lamar who Bournemouth signed to replace him has been excellent and so I think he knows his time there is up.

Camarasa too when he was an unknown quantity. I think we could have got him for 10m or so as unknown foreign signings are cheaper. Especially off European clubs who are not that well off and welcome a slice of the Premier League money.

The risk with loaning foreigners instead of permanent is if they do the business and prove themselves in this country then they put themselves in the shop window, and / or their price goes up. If we don’t make him permanent in January and we manage to stav up I don’t think we could afford him in the summer. I think we’d be talking 20m then.