Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Do you think if we were offered identical terms with a player he'd choose Cardiff as his destination ?

I've always felt we suffer from being Welsh , geographically , players probably want to be near their home clubs and thier families, and there is a bigger temptation and greater concentration of clubs to choose from in the North West ,London and the Midlands.

It's a pity there's not more quality in the Scottish and Irish player's these days , as we seem to tempt them to sign more successfully.
That's bollocks. Swansea have signed lots of good UK, continental and global players in recent years - which proves that it's nothing to do with geographic location. I don't know why we, in particular, seem to struggle to get players over the line - but it seems to be a consistent problem.

My only guess is that it's reputation. Swansea were media darlings and were played up as Barca-lite, whereas we are managed by an old school manager that plays "hoof ball" and have a reputation for being dirty (which isn't the case at all).