+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "I believe there is a real problem at Cardiff's academy."

"I believe there is a real problem at Cardiff's academy."

Re: "I believe there is a real problem at Cardiff's academy."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was just going to post that myself. Quite worrying.

I wonder if these are the parents of the two players along with the player who made the original complaint who was released from City and was also released by FGR, who complained about Bellamy turning down the volume for the English national anthem, and complaining about Bellamy saying he did not like Bristol city and Swansea? Witch hunt going on here.

Worrying but should wait for the club to do their own review. If complaints were not acted upon, as seems possible, really does not paint us in a good light at all.

They're right. There is a real problem at Cardiff's academy. It's not produced a good player in years!

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I was just going to post that myself. Quite worrying.
    Fear not. It's just a witch hunt. Igovernor said so, and if ever there was a man with his finger on the pulse of the CCFC Academy, it's him.

Generation snowflake , bless them . Probably not anywhere near the required level and having no discipline in schools , get a rollicking and cannot handle it .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Generation snowflake , bless them . Probably not anywhere near the required level and having no discipline in schools , get a rollicking and cannot handle it .
    How do we know that without any facts? It's obviously got some truth behind it as the club are still looking into it. Let's not pass judgement until we know everything. Far too often people label kids as snowflakes etc, when these are young lads, often away from home at 15,16 etc when an adult throwing his weight around could be seriously damaging to their development. There's a reason the biggest killer to men in the UK under 45 is suicide.

The Daily Heil article suggests it's inappropriate language from Jarrod Harvey (another coach) and Bellamy calling the lad a snitch for complaining about Jarrod Harvey. If that's the extent of the problem then it seems it really does mark out a massive generational gap between what used to be acceptable to motivate people and what is no longer acceptable.

Be interesting to see how this works out, but it does seem a bit trivial to potentially cost someone their living.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The Daily Heil article suggests it's inappropriate language from Jarrod Harvey (another coach) and Bellamy calling the lad a snitch for complaining about Jarrod Harvey. If that's the extent of the problem then it seems it really does mark out a massive generational gap between what used to be acceptable to motivate people and what is no longer acceptable.

Be interesting to see how this works out, but it does seem a bit trivial to potentially cost someone their living.
    Quick question... In what workplace has it ever been acceptable to call a staff member a snitch for raising a complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

The kid made the complaint in the first place. It's intimidation. If you make a complaint about your boss, and then your boss finds out about it and makes life worse, shuts you out etc, I don't see how you'd want to stay in your job. If Harvey and Bellamy have bullied kids, and that's an if, they should both go.

Sounds like a vendetta in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Quick question... In what workplace has it ever been acceptable to call a staff member a snitch for raising a complaint?
    Laughable to think it's ever been ok

I am amazed how many people take notice of the Daily Mail!!

If you consider a football academy to be a workplace I agree. However I see training to become an elite athlete more akin to joining the armed forces - with all the unpleasant reality that accompanies that. However, systematic and continuous bullying is still not acceptable even here - but one-off incidents should be treated as such in my view.

I'd consider my son was being let down if they weren't being prepared for the fact that their workplace requires a degree of thick skin to be able to be successful. Not saying that's how it should ideally be, but the fact is that a lot of your competition are going to be real mean characters and if you don't learn how to deal with it growing up then you're better off not wasting your time IMO

Alternatively we can just pretend that everyone is lovely to each other and continue to fail to produce the players AND characters needed to be successful in the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only problem with the academy is there is no ****er coming through.
    When I started work I had the piss took out of me because I was so ****ing good looking.
    Sent for a long wait and a left handed spanner is that bullying.

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;4940829]Fear not. It's just a witch hunt. Igovernor said so, and if ever there was a man with his finger on the pulse of the CCFC Academy, it's him.

[/QUOTe

Typical reply of sometimes TLG i expected nothing less off the sarcastic sod think he knows it all

Exactly, if you broke wind walking past them these days they’d probably start to cry......

In sport, football.

Presume you agree that swearing at an employee is gross misconduct too. You'd end up with whole squads bringing claims ....

Clubs have to take safe guarding and protection of the children very seriously here. The club has un-restricted access to children from a very young age, and has in its hand the hopes and dreams of every child in their care.

The harsh reality id the 95% of the children they deal with will not make it, and with it the dreams will be shattered. So with the harsh reality of this coming up it should be good practice to at least make the youth system a pleasant environment and to not humiliate the child in the process.

The singling out of individual children within the club does not make pleasant reading, and the club will have a serious issue if this has proved to be the case. The turning down of the volume of a tv does seem more trivial.

Funny how it says former players.

Bullying is such an easy thing to throw out there but so hard to identify what it really is.

I have no doubt what has happened in our academy happens at many up and down the country, more so at senior level. if successful then many more will come out.

Some of the abuse you hear from parents at Sunday league isn't any better.

From reading his book, about how low he was at Norwich as a kid, and considering Gary speeds mental health I'd be stunned if Bellamy is going out of his way to bully these lads. For me it's a case of him maybe being a little too honest and not pc with his language. If he is at fault then more than likely most of football is at fault. Sitting in the ground on a Saturday and hearing what you do wohld undoubtedly offend a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In sport, football.

Presume you agree that swearing at an employee is gross misconduct too. You'd end up with whole squads bringing claims ....
    If someone has made a complaint, it should be dealt with . If Bellamy and/or Harvey have made a kid feel bullied, they should have spoken to the kid, said this is why x,y,z happened, with someone else senior present and gone over it, after Bellamy/Harvey were spoken to first and reminded of their responsibilites (or if more serious been removed from their posts). This is supposed to be a talented youngster, that's the reason he's in the academy in the first place. This apparently hasn't happened, and Bellamy has made the kid's life worse, so nobody else would dare accuse Bellamy or Harvey of anything again. If you saw your mate getting frozen out after complaining, and you want a career in football, you shut up. It isn't physical abuse but lots of kids knew about Bennell etc but didn't say, because all they wanted to be was a footballer. Bellamy and Harvey are in positions of power, they can shape a kid's dream.

We don't know if it happened, or what the club found out but I'm sick of people being told that kids are too soft etc. So what if they are? Football and the world are changing, and in my experience there's no bigger snowflakes than 50 year old men like Piers Morgan who lose their shit over trivial bollocks like vegan sausage rolls.

I dread to think what would happen if somebody tackled one of them on a football pitch, we'd probably be looking at restraining orders and requests for compensation.

Let’s hope this gets resolved ASAP truthfully so the academy can get back to training properly.

I can’t imagine this does it any favours when attracting the best talent

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Let’s hope this gets resolved ASAP truthfully so the academy can get back to training properly.

I can’t imagine this does it any favours when attracting the best talent
    No it would be a bit of a disaster. Would you be keen to send your 10 year old child to a system where there are rumors that the coaches bully the children within the system.