Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I've yet to come across anyone who voted Brexit who knew the real consequences. And many of those who voted for it are not the type to keep themselves informed on a daily basis of the complexity that is unfolding. I didn't (ansd still don't like) the direction the EU is heading but the average person on the street was not well informed enough to have a sufficient understanding of what they were voting for and for what arrangement they expected at the end of it. That is not to say that an argument for Brexit is not valid but let's be honest and admit that the average person wasn't qualified to really weigh up all the pros and cons, me included. You only have to see the street vox pops on news programmes for people to reveal their incredible ignorance of the concepts and complexities involved. And presumably those who voted for Brexit wanted a hard Brexit as a halfway house didn't seem to be on the menu - so the latter option being promoted by the government is highly ironic. In short, no-one voted for that option.
What is the option then ,surely a second vote would cause uproar and a generation of people to never vote gain ??