Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
My point is around the reported many millions who don't usually register or vote who actual decided to do so in the EU referendum, hence the reported record 46.5million people who became motivated to vote or register to do so , surely many of those are likely to be lost , if this vote is ignored ,which could backlash actually more on Labour than the other parties ??
I would prefer our politicians to fight for what they believe in than support something they don't.

May's behaviour has been atrocious in this yet I notice you don't mention it. She is the ultimate game player, we could have known where we stood with regards to her deal before Christmas. She instead decided to use the looming threat of the deadline and no deal to force MPs to support something they disagree with. It doesn't look to have worked and she looks like an idiot now.

The ambiguity of the 2016 version of leave makes the next few months impossible without a clarification from the country. It is that or potentially something Norway-like, which will involve freedom of movement.

I am glad parliament have pushed back versus May because the UK was beginning to look like a banana republic dictatorship.