Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
But you called the club you support a 'dog and duck outfit off the pitch' thereby insulting all the hard working people who keep the club going and also the manager, owner and board who have kept the club afloat over the last ten years and all these people contributed greatly to what happened last year and also so far this season. Common perception is that Choo and Dalman are hard working and well liked and Tan has backed the board and manager before and appears happy to do so again now. If your only complaint is that the board are being careful with money, then that is hardly a criticism, bearing in mind what has gone on before. Transfer dealing also dont just involve the purchasing team do they, there are loads of variables all of which have to fall into place for the deal to go ahead. How is that the clubs fault ?
I think the manager banging on about brexit was pub football behaviour. I thought his criticism of the Clyne move was pointless and made us look very amateur. An English international full-back is always going to be in demand. I'm not involved in the game but know enough that you can't rely on a promise in this day and age, and that other teams are within their right to loan someone elsewhere. Should they have informed us? Yes. Is it worth causing the fuss that followed? No.

We didn't get a striker in last time as we weren't prepared for the set backs with back up options in place and it looked like we were going the same way with this deal, but thankfully Sala has agreed to join (it seems) so I'll reserve my overall judgement for how we do in the rest of the window.

The players and manager have performed miracles over the last 18 months, hopefully they're given every chance of staying up in the next 2 weeks with some investment in the positions that need it most.