Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
Dave Henderson was not there. He has stated that and the French outlet that originally said he was based upon him previously flying this plane has withdrawn that statement. As have the sun and other UK papers who also at one point reported it.

However... he might be the plane owner as he seems to have a lot to do with the plane in the past. It’s also not yet confirmed who flew the plane to France, was it this pilot and was Sala on it that time. I suspect it was and he was

The private pilots license used on a US registered plane is not uncommon for ‘commercial’ flights is a long-standing and very poor loophole.

The reason the agent who organised it did not mention paying for the flight etc and put a story in the mail newspaper in the last few days is ‘probably’ to distance from the commercial arrangement and any charges that could be implied
Out of a sense of decency most posters have resisted the temptation to speculate about the possible contributory causes as to why the tragedy happened but I think it inevitable that things will change in the coming days when mourning turns into anger - and especially regarding one particular facet of this very sad affair. However, I won't break ranks on that subject myself at this juncture.