Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
Or the uncontinued uncertainty of the fact that 44 days from us leaving the EU we still haven’t sorted a deal out might just have been the tipping point.

It’s not just a coincidence that Honda as well as other manufacturers are reconsidering their options.

I’ve asked this before but is Brexit really worth it???

Bullshit based on almost treacherous lies.....
I have always respected the Brexit viewpoint when it has involved certain principles, including the fact that Remainers will see the UK eventually being drawn deeper into the EU regarding matters that weren't invisaged when we first joined and even about erosion of some of our rights and resources. However, I am not aware of a single soul who was aware of the unravelling consequences of leaving the EU and I suspect that many of the people who voted for Brexit using just anecdotal, jingoistic and facile arguments (as can be witnessed at every turn) do not sufficiently access news sources that may disavow them of some of their beliefs as they become evident. It's all well and good uttering optimistic noises about being a great country (a la MAGA) whilst foreign companies wishing to freely access the EU decide to decamp from the UK. I have always thought that the EU as it stands is a model due to fail in the long term but our current course seems incredibly self-destructive, chaotic, destabilising, highly regrettable and very depressing - ands we are yet to experience the real effects.