Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
Of course he is, all this ‘with a bit of research’ business is a load of shite. He’s let on that both he and his boss are Welsh on another thread and, as you say, had views on Harry Redknapp & various football pundits on another thread. He’s Welsh, knows his football yet had to resort to researching to learn of our only World Cup Finals appearance????????? Can’t wait until his obvious appearance in the witness box during the Sala inquest, he’ll sort the buggers out👍
Now, Am I being called out on being Welsh?
Now, Am I being called out on having views on Harry Redknapp & various football pundits?

Now having been born quite a few years after the 1958 World Cup I wasn't aware that Wales had got into the closing stages of a World Cup. I was only told that Wales finished second in its group behind Czechoslovakia by my boss. I gather it happened after being drawn into a play-off with Israel after Israel won its group by default because its three opponents, Turkey, Indonesia and Sudan, refused to play. FIFA had imposed a rule that no team would qualify without playing at least one match, something that had happened in several previous World Cups. Wales won the play-off and qualified for the first, and so far only time. With Northern Ireland making its debut, and England and Scotland also qualifying, this World Cup was the only one to feature all four of the United Kingdom's Home Nations.

So, now I am being called out for having tried to be more knowledgeable about Welsh football, by all accounts my boss's father was there to witness every step of the 1958 Welsh Teams World Cup journey