Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Hi mate, you're very defensive for someone who seems so confident in their words.

Could you please post all of the facts for us idiots in simple bullet points so us laymans can understand the truth in its simplicity, please?

Thanks.
Heisenberg,
The official AAIB interim report is being released at 1400hrs on Monday 25th February 2019 so when it is released I will post up a link & then everyone interested in reading the interim report will see all the known facts verbatim which will replicate all the details I have posted to this messageboard.

A brief summary is :
(1). David Ibbotson was colourblind so unable to fly after sunset +30 mins or before 30mins before sunrise.
(2). David Ibbotson was a private pilot who was only cleared to fly in daylight hours due to his colourblindness.
(3). David Ibbotson was operating outside the privileges of his pilots licence by conducting this flight at night.

There are other bullet points I could add but I have covered them in numerous other posts on this messageboard and I am pretty sure that the report from the AAIB will cover them to back up everything I have posted since the accident.

The remit of the AAIB is to undertake safety investigations to establish the cause of accidents. They do not apportion blame or liability.
Any investigation into the bullet points mentioned in summary will & is being taken by the UK Civil Aviation Authority and the Federal Aviation Administration as are any investigations into who was involved in the flight arrangements.