Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
Which is correct flys or flies?
But that's not the question that was asked, so back to the correct form of the idiom, "time flies." This is correct by default, as we've already established that "flys" is not a word, and "fly's" is the singular possessive form of the noun "fly" and indicates some property or attribute belonging to a fly (the bug).

So, yes I should have said I am pretty open in having disclosed that I am a pilot who does fly the same type of aircraft as the accident aircraft
I thought it was a predictive text error.

Also... If you Google search:

"This is correct by default, as we've already established that "flys" is not a word, and "fly's" is the singular possessive form of the noun "fly" and indicates some property or attribute belonging to a fly (the bug)."

You get this exact match on Quora: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-correct-...s-or-time-flys

"The fly's eye view of circadian entrainment" (from a 2003 article in Journal of Biological Rhythms). But that's not the question you asked, so back to the correct form of the idiom, "time flies." This is correct by default, as we've already established that "flys" is not a word, and "fly's" is the singular possessive form of the noun "fly" and indicates some property or attribute belonging to a fly (the bug). So, "time flys" is incorrect for the reason that 50% of the expression is gibberish, at least when written that way."

So much for not taking stuff on the internet and passing it off as your own words, eh?