Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
I don't care about the characters in this drama, I am more interested in the script, which is groundbreaking regarding what the public have got to know. Usually this kind of stuff is kept behind closed doors, and they squabble internally for the sake of the greater good. You on the other hand seem to be more invested in the characters, as you totally ignore the twists and turns of the plotline. You still don't believe the basic premise that Trump (along with other Republican cadidates) were spied upon. What else was the FISA fiasco all about then? There is plenty of information that is publicly available regarding this unsavoury episode, so ignorance is no defence, yet you choose to not want to know. That is why you will never win this argument, because you are on the wrong side of history.
There it is. You talk about a "groundbreaking" situation and yet you say yourself that this is something that is going on constantly. Anyone over the age of, say, fifty five should have some memory of the night when America's President had to resign because of what amounted to spying on his political opponents - what you have got so excited about has happened before and, speaking as someone who has always said that the issue for me isn't about Clintons good/Trump bad or vice versa, it just doesn't interest me much.

On the other hand, having first become aware of him in the 80s, I didn't take me long to realise that Donald Trump was a repugnant and potentially dangerous human being. You're right about it all being about the characters for me and having someone with Trump's character in the position he's in today worries me greatly.

You on the other hand seem prepared to forgive Trump of anything as you apply completely different standards to the two sides involved - it's surely obvious to anyone that Trump, whatever you may think of his politics and policies, is "a piece of work" and yet you resolutely refuse to accept this.

This brings me on to the flat earthers. In that documentary they set up two experiments designed to prove their case that had scientists saying that there was a degree of logic to them which would be hard to argue with if they returned the results the flat earthers wanted. Of course, all that both experiments ended up proving was that the world was not flat but shaped like a globe and yet still they wouldn't accept they were wrong - I immediately thought of you and Trump when I saw that.