+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    How do they know they're right wing, plus the usual suspect blaming trump, ie lardy.
    I’m going to put this out there but the shooter is far right due to the news feed I’ve seen.

Mark my words they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some of Ben Shapiro’s “freeze peach” tweets

So these are defending free speech?

Let’s not forget that manifesto of the Canadian guy who shot up a mosque mentioned Shapiro in it.
    I haven't read the quotes above before and of course they are ridiculous, however I do believe that debate is now constrained cos of people's clamour to be offended.

I don't think you can throw out everything someone says even though you profoundly disagree with something else they say.

How do they know they're right wing, plus the usual suspect blaming trump, ie lardy.
    Because he’s released a manifesto.

What political leanings do you expect a Nazi who shoots up a mosque to have?

This whole both sides are ok stuff has to stop. F*ck the far right and **** anyone who tries to defend them. They are part of the problem.

What is pewdipie? And what is the significance of him saying to subscribe to it? I am not up with social media so this bit is totally lost on me!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I haven't read the quotes above before and of course they are ridiculous, however I do believe that debate is now constrained cos of people's clamour to be offended.

I don't think you can throw out everything someone says even though you profoundly disagree with something else they say.
    The whole “offended” stuff they come out with is bollocks too. They’ve made people believe all universities are people constantly offended when it’s not even an issue there. It’s all used under the guise to make racism and sexism normalised.

I think you can write someone off as not being genuine with their concerns when they spend half their time promoting hate against others.

People should be offended by racism and sexism. These things should be stamped out.

Do you think Choudary should not be in prison then if you’re such a free speech advocate?

Because he’s released a manifesto.

What political leanings do you expect a Nazi who shoots up a mosque to have?

This whole both sides are ok stuff has to stop. F*ck the far right and **** anyone who tries to defend them. They are part of the problem.
    . Nazi ideology is leftwing from my understanding

Your understanding is wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    What is pewdipie? And what is the significance of him saying to subscribe to it? I am not up with social media so this bit is totally lost on me!
    AFAIK he's a YouTuber who has millions of subscribers, and often gets his subscribers to post that kind of thing to actively try to get more.

Nothing to do with the attack at all, just a throw away joke i think, which is absolutely chilling.
    It would be like someone on here murdering 50 people and casually throwing in escaped goat or something

You have a very poor understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    AFAIK he's a YouTuber who has millions of subscribers, and often gets his subscribers to post that kind of thing to actively try to get more.

Nothing to do with the attack at all, just a throw away joke i think, which is absolutely chilling.
    It would be like someone on here murdering 50 people and casually throwing in escaped goat or something
    I think he came out with a the N word once and said it was just a “heated gaming moment”. And has said a few anti Semitic things and tried to pass them off as “a joke”

So the alt right love him.

The whole “offended” stuff they come out with is bollocks too. They’ve made people believe all universities are people constantly offended when it’s not even an issue there. It’s all used under the guise to make racism and sexism normalised.

I think you can write someone off as not being genuine with their concerns when they spend half their time promoting hate against others.

People should be offended by racism and sexism. These things should be stamped out.

Do you think Choudary should not be in prison then if you’re such a free speech advocate?
    I think if someone is preaching to people to blow themselves up, yes they should be imprisoned but if a Muslim is preaching about grievances towards the West then yes they should be allowed free speech.

If Choudary said that Britain is waging war on Islam, I may not agree but that is as far it should go.

If he said Islam is great but Christianity and Secularism is shit then so be it.

If Peterson and Shapiro were saying go into a mosque and kill people then they should be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't know what kind of world my children are growing up into. Disgraceful!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unbelievable. Somehow youd think places like Australia and New Zealand would have a more prosaic attitude to immigration, given their history. But apparently not

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think if someone is preaching to people to blow themselves up, yes they should be imprisoned but if a Muslim is preaching about grievances towards the West then yes they should be allowed free speech.

If Choudary said that Britain is waging war on Islam, I may not agree but that is as far it should go.

If he said Islam is great but Christianity and Secularism is shit then so be it.

If Peterson and Shapiro were saying go into a mosque and kill people then they should be locked up.
    So you aren’t for unequivocal free speech then. You should look up the paradox of free speech.

You don’t need to be saying literally “go kill people” for what you’re saying to cause mass murders.

CNN, blaming Trump, salvini, orban, right on cue.

Hi literally mentions them in his manifesto.

I think it's absolutely right that the far right, especially those who routinely espouse conspiracy theories, should have their role in this guy's descent into murder thoroughly examined

Conspiracy theories have become the gateway to the far right, it was always obvious but so many people got taken in by them.

Free speech warriors are the new gateway too.

Internet has made it all too easy to pass off fake information to rile people up for a cause.

The manifesto of this guy, the synagogue shooter and the Canadian Mosque shooter are all eerily similar. Same twitter and YouTube personalities. Same pro trump anti Merkel rhetoric. Exact same quotes about defending against invading hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Unbelievable. Somehow youd think places like Australia and New Zealand would have a more prosaic attitude to immigration, given their history. But apparently not
    i have to say having spent a reasonable amount of time in both, the attitudes are different in both countries.

I've found New Zealand to be a liberal open country whilst in Australia (my Aunt is Aboriginal) I have witnessed first hand racism against both the indigenous people and Asian people. It's improved greatly since I first went 35 years ago but there is still an undercurrent.

If you dive down the rabbit holes a lot of conspiracy theories could be facts, to just believe them as theories is blinkered, the more you know Q.

You’re part of the problem pal. A useful idiot I think they call you.

You’re part of the problem pal. A useful idiot I think they call you.
    Nope, just someone who's awake

Another one who has stared too long at the abyss

So awake that he thinks that Nazis are left wing...