Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
I’ll leave it to the board to decide if these headfund managers and disaster capitalists who were privately educated thanks to their rich parents estates have the best interests of the country at heart.
Croesy, there are times when I think you're reading my mind.

Brexit hasn't been instigated by the average citizen, it hasn't been instigated to benefit the average citizen, it's all about how those with money can make even more money. Following the last recession many people are only just about getting back to their feet, even a light but sustained negative impact on the economy will result in many people losing their jobs, their business, their properties, this will then allow those with the means to buy up even more land, property, and businesses on the cheap. The knock on effect, with respect to workers, is that we will see an increase in things like zero hours contracts, a decrease in the minimum wage, and a decrease in workers rights - people will be desperate to do any work for minimum wage to try to keep themselves and their families fed and with a roof over their heads. We will head back to feudalism and serfdom. I would hazard a bet that Jacob Rees-Mogg would like to see the return of workhouses as well.