+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Caliburn'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 'Caliburn'

Around 12 years ago it was by pure chance that I discovered that Clive lived a minute's walk around the corner from me. He was having a break from this board due to ill health and I thought he might appreciate me printing out the substantial amount of goodwill messages posters had written. For the next couple of years I called around to see him regularly - each visit would take well over an hour where he mainly talked about Bing! I even got to hear a recording of him singing a Crosby number of which he was rather proud. He was an entertaining host who could make any subject sound interesting and I still have a very old club badge that he gave me. Moving some distance away meant we ultimately lost contact.

A true gent in every sense of the word and a good friend. RIP Clive.

Re: 'Caliburn'

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Around 12 years ago it was by pure chance that I discovered that Clive lived a minute's walk around the corner from me. He was having a break from this board due to ill health and I thought he might appreciate me printing out the substantial amount of goodwill messages posters had written. For the next couple of years I called around to see him regularly - each visit would take well over an hour where he mainly talked about Bing! I even got to hear a recording of him singing a Crosby number of which he was rather proud. He was an entertaining host who could make any subject sound interesting and I still have a very old club badge that he gave me. Moving some distance away meant we ultimately lost contact.

A true gent in every sense of the word and a good friend. RIP Clive.
    Fair play, I've been reading this board for years and don't often post but I can remember Cal's posts, he came across as a proper gent, the kind you don't see enough of nowadays.

Best wishes to all friends and family who had the pleasure to meet him.