Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
I voted to leave, because i don’t believe there is any need for a European Union. It’s just another huge conglomerate that was solely devised, imo, as another “jobs for the boys” set up.
My decision had nothing to do with any immigration policy, which gets aimed at leave voters regularly.
We didn’t get the chance to vote on the decision to join the original “common market”, we were just hoodwinked in in the early 70’s with the premise of inner circle trade deals.
Since then it has slowly grown arms and legs, collecting new member countries who are all up to their eyes in debt, with no foreseeable way of paying any of it off.
I’m a firm believer that countries should stand on their own 2 feet, and do their best to grow their own economy, and spread the wealth amongst all its citizens. ( a pipe dream really) but that’s how it should be.
I feel the EU is a corrupt organisation. That fact that it’s proving so difficult to leave, proves that point. If a member country like the UK voted to leave, then it should be a simple process, with no veiled threats and no hidden agendas. No “deals” should be needed.
That’s just my thoughts and reasons as to why I voted to leave. Many on here will disagree and pick holes in my opinions, but we are all different and all have a different outlook on things.
It’s proving so difficult to leave because of the U.K. though. It’s proving difficult to leave because it’s protecting its member states.

The wealth that’s in the U.K. is improved by being in the eu. Our wealth will be sufficiently reduced through leaving.

No deals are needed unless we want to continue to trade internationally. The deals are needed because of international trade and because of the Irish border. If we want to generate wealth to improve this country international trade is required.

I respect your reason for voting and I agree it can be a corrupt organisation but so can the British government. My opinion is the we are better off improving the eu from within than being out and making the poorer in our country poorer.