Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Without getting 'David Brent' ( i know that i'm in that kind of territory) I'll elaborate. We allow pressure, we give the ball away thus inviting positions where there could be contentious decisions. If we were better at keeping the ball and alleviating the pressure from our defenders by reducing the amount of set pieces and attacks then we wouldn't find ourselves in these positions as much as we do. Honest footballers and managers will be thinking that, i know that i would, how can we prevent these situations or minimise them. Most fans will look for a get out, they're biased and that's fair enough, but the reality is that we can't rely on Referees in order for games to go our way, we have to try and make it certain, that may sound unfair but it's the reality. This notion that the bigger teams get the decisions is debatable although there may well be some truth in it. If you're in the ascendancy, pressing, attacking, stretching the opposition and forcing mistakes then the referee is going to be more inclined to go with the team who are making the opposition react, the ref is being pushed into that position. I may be wrong, but i'm of the opinion that we have the opportunity to make the difference on the pitch by not conceding the ball and by giving our defenders the chance to recover and get organised. We don't give ourselves a chance at times and that's nothing to do with the Officials in my opinion.
How does penalties not awarded to us whilst we’re attacking relate to the way we invite teams on? This seems a sensible answer to a different question.