+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now it gets interesting! Cardiff drag Brighton right into relegation scrap.

Now it gets interesting! Cardiff drag Brighton right into relegation scrap.

Re: Now it gets interesting! Cardiff drag Brighton right into relegation scrap.

What an end it’s going to be.....whatever, credit to the team and manager, phenomenal effort last night. On to Sunday, imagine ending the scousers title hopes, it’s too much to dream about....

Whatever happens, we've stuck two fingers up at the bookies and other fans, many of whom had us good as relegated by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What will be will be. Just pleased we're going to have interest for the next three games.

Would've been a right shame if the season just petered out.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What an end it’s going to be.....whatever, credit to the team and manager, phenomenal effort last night. On to Sunday, imagine ending the scousers title hopes, it’s too much to dream about....
    I just hope Brighton don’t win an impossible game o get out of trouble.
    Let’s face it Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton have done just that.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I just hope Brighton don’t win an impossible game o get out of trouble.
    Let’s face it Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton have done just that.
    I'm nervous about Wolves v BHA too. Wolves have nothing to play for league wise. The shackles may well be off BHA as they are away from home, and they may play with much more carefree attitude.

Did the crowd get on their backs yesterday when we went 1-0 and then 2-0 up? Couldn't make out any large scale booing on the link I watched the game on. Just deserted rows and rows of seats towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Whatever happens, we've stuck two fingers up at the bookies and other fans, many of whom had us good as relegated by Christmas.
    Not to mention the jacks who thought we’d beat Derby’s record tally of low points, they even started a relegation thread on there forum last night, in fact started by one who used to post on here when they were in the premier league. The thread went well. Just smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm nervous about Wolves v BHA too. Wolves have nothing to play for league wise. The shackles may well be off BHA as they are away from home, and they may play with much more carefree attitude.

Did the crowd get on their backs yesterday when we went 1-0 and then 2-0 up? Couldn't make out any large scale booing on the link I watched the game on. Just deserted rows and rows of seats towards the end.
    It will be fine when we beat Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It will be fine when we beat Liverpool
    Why can't we? I'm deadly serious.

I've seen odds of 18/1 for Sunday which is massive for a home side playing quite well. Liverpool have the travel and tough game in Portugal to contend with, while we can enjoy a relative rest. Liverpool haven't been tearing it up on their travels lately, so I'll give us a shot at getting something.

I hope it's not our inferior goal difference that will relegate us. Brighton only need one win to more or less achieve survival as it's a big ask to expect us to win the games against Fulham and CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

I've seen odds of 18/1 for Sunday which is massive for a home side playing quite well. Liverpool have the travel and tough game in Portugal to contend with, while we can enjoy a relative rest. Liverpool haven't been tearing it up on their travels lately, so I'll give us a shot at getting something.
    I agree, it’s do able as tonight’s game will affect them. We should just go for it. Nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

Liverpool are in tremendous form at the moment even on their travels. They have beaten Bayern, Fulham, and Southampton in their last few away games as well as Spurs, Porto and Chelsea at home. While there are small grounds for optimism after yesterday's performance the bookies odds of 18-1 seem about right to me.

The Bruno challenge was a pen for me, or at least by the book it should have been. However, you see that sort of challenge most matches and it's not given. Morrison in particular gets about 2-3 a game.

Still odds on to go down according to Wales Online:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...vival-16141419

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    And Claridge