+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Same Old

Re: Same Old

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Fulham have a dreadful defense so you need to stretch it not sit back and let their 2 best midfielders Babel and Cainey the freedom of the park. there were times when Mendez, Camarsa and Niasse were just walking back while Fulham pushed forward. Naisse shouldnt play again, Ward works so much harder and Reid should play up with him.
    Niasse is ****ing pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and we were-are staring at relegation. I'd say that the dynamics had shifted. Do you think that we should have been playing in a more expansive way ten games ago? We've played like that pretty much all season and that's down to the manager. I can't recall many on here being overly critical of the tactics over the last 35 games or whatever it is, or certainly against teams where we had a chance of a result. I find it rather apt that we get to a situation like today and people are questioning the tactics when they've been pretty much the same since the first day of the season, there has been the odd game where we've been a little more adventurous, but on the whole we haven't. I don't know what people were expecting.
    Why were they 1-0 up? Cos we waited for them to be 1-0 up

It's been happening all season.
    Until we go a goal down, and then all of a sudden we start playing like a football team. That is coming from the manager, not the players.

When do we ever 'release the shackles' for a sustained period?
    Against Brighton a couple of games ago in what was another must win game. We were much more positive and didn’t wait until the 80th minute before taking some risks.

The win against Bournemouth we were at them from the first whistle, albeit a home game.

Warnock has admitted himself after the game that he got it wrong today but in his words “hey ho”.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Against Brighton a couple of games ago in what was another must win game. We were much more positive and didn’t wait until the 80th minute before taking some risks.

The win against Bournemouth we were at them from the first whistle, albeit a home game.

Warnock has admitted himself after the game that he got it wrong today but in his words “hey ho”.
    Even my blind cat could see that!

Can someone please tell me what Warnock considers Bobby Reid's position (and hierarchy in that position) to be?
    I just cant work it out myself.

Did Warnock actually want to buy him last summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why were they 1-0 up? Cos we waited for them to be 1-0 up
    Yeah, that's what we do isn't it? I'm not defending Warnock, i agree with most who are critical of him in this thread, he's built a team and moulded players(some who aren't that bad)to play in the way that we saw today, he's responsible in my opinion. My point is that i don't know why people nay have thought that it was going to change today, and could've the players instigated a more fluent attacking style after the way we have played over the past 18 months without there being even more damage as daft as that may sound. What were people expecting? Maybe the question you have raised should've been brought up a while back, it wasn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Can someone please tell me what Warnock considers Bobby Reid's position (and hierarchy in that position) to be?

The bench

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Nobody, not even Mr Warnock can answer that question. All I know is he likes Hoilett a lot, which forces us to play with two wingers and an isolated front player. We were much better when Camarasa played on the right.

We were more positive in those Two games, but not by that much in my opinion. Can you think of anymore examples, because i can't, not for a sustained period.

What do you think would happen if we had been a little more expansive, leaving space and taking a few risks in order to get the result? Serious question.
    Could have won it. Fulham weren’t very good and it took a fantastic goal to win the game.

We were more positive in those Two games, but not by that much in my opinion. Can you think of anymore examples, because i can't, not for a sustained period.
    Leicester City away?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Could have won it. Fulham weren’t very good and it took a fantastic goal to win the game.
    You would never have thought it was a must win game for us, would you?

Yeah, that's what we do isn't it? I'm not defending Warnock, i agree with most who are critical of him in this thread, he's built a team and moulded players(some who aren't that bad)to play in the way that we saw today, he's responsible in my opinion. My point is that i don't know why people nay have thought that it was going to change today, and could've the players instigated a more fluent attacking style after the way we have played over the past 18 months without there being even more damage as daft as that may sound. What were people expecting? Maybe the question you have raised should've been brought up a while back, it wasn't though.
    I know what you mean, Warnock has moulded a side in his own image and they aren't best suited to playing in a more adventurous style, but it was Fulham we were playing today. Back in October we had a go at them and scored four - Fulham's defending has been desperate all season and I think this is one game where we could have gone away and had a go. Mind you, I return to the point I made earlier in this thread which, presumably, no one agrees with - that was a desperately weak eighteen we put out today by Premier League standards and I can't help thinking that all this talk about our negative attitude is missing the point that we didn't have the personnel to take the initiative in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I reckon that we might have conceded more. The players have been conditioned to play a certain way and the tactics rarely change, i reckon that some of the good stuff our players are capable of has been coached out of them, i'm not defending the way we played just pointing out that it's been a mainstay of our season and i wasn't expecting it to change today. Warnock hasn't allowed our midfield to support the striker all season, why would he change that today?

Yeah, Burnley 2nd half when we were more positive, forced them back for long periods and should have had at least 1 penalty before the sucker punch at the end.

Anyway, who has said anything about playing fluent attacking football today, or expecting us to dominate the game with sustained periods of attacking??

People are just saying in a must win game against a team already relegated that they expected us to have a bit more positivity earlier in the game than waiting until the 80th minute and going behind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know what you mean, Warnock has moulded a side in his own image and they aren't best suited to playing in a more adventurous style, but it was Fulham we were playing today. Back in October we had a go at them and scored four - Fulham's defending has been desperate all season and I think this is one game where we could have gone away and had a go. Mind you, I return to the point I made earlier in this thread which, presumably, no one agrees with - that was a desperately weak eighteen we put out today by Premier League standards and I can't help thinking that all this talk about our negative attitude is missing the point that we didn't have the personnel to take the initiative in that game.
    Agree about the squad looking weak, although i'd return to my point that we never support the striker. Have you ever seen two more miserable looking players that Niasse and Zohore? Camarasa looks like he's going to cry at times

I reckon that we might have conceded more. The players have been conditioned to play a certain way and the tactics rarely change, i reckon that some of the good stuff our players are capable of has been coached out of them, i'm not defending the way we played just pointing out that it's been a mainstay of our season and i wasn't expecting it to change today. Warnock hasn't allowed our midfield to support the striker all season, why would he change that today?
    It wasn't coached out of them in the last 10 minutes, they looked like football players. I can only conclude from today's game that they have been instructed to refrain from playing like footballers until the other team scores!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with this. My heart sank when I saw the team sheet.

I think every fit player in the first-team squad either started or was a substitute today.

Anyway, it's time to rebuild under a new manager. It's been a great ride with Neil, but his time is up. Onwards and upwards

Agree about the squad looking weak, although i'd return to my point that we never support the striker. Have you ever seen two more miserable looking players that Niasse and Zohore? Camarasa looks like he's going to cry at times
    Camarasa made me want to cry today. He was pretty awful.

Yeah, Burnley 2nd half when we were more positive, forced them back for long periods and should have had at least 1 penalty before the sucker punch at the end.

Anyway, who has said anything about playing fluent attacking football today, or expecting us to dominate the game with sustained periods of attacking??

People are just saying in a must win game against a team already relegated that they expected us to have a bit more positivity earlier in the game than waiting until the 80th minute and going behind.
    I'd say that being fluent (passing and movement) and attacking the opposition is generally what will win a game, so it's me that's mentioning it. I'm not saying for 90 minutes, but sporadically being in control of a game and attacking with some purpose through the middle of the pitch is a better option than long throws, set pieces and world class strikes. We should've been more positive, but that positivity is through the remit of Warnocks style and tactics, Get the ball to the winger and hope that he can get something, we didn't do that well today, maybe Fulham had it sussed and there should've been another way of playing although we just can't do that. What would have you liked to have seen us do to be positive?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anyway, it's time to rebuild under a new manager. It's been a great ride with Neil, but his time is up. Onwards and upwards
    Agree.

I'd say that being fluent (passing and movement) and attacking the opposition is generally what will win a game, so it's me that's mentioning it. I'm not saying for 90 minutes, but sporadically being in control of a game and attacking with some purpose through the middle of the pitch is a better option than long throws, set pieces and world class strikes. We should've been more positive, but that positivity is through the remit of Warnocks style and tactics, Get the ball to the winger and hope that he can get something, we didn't do that well today, maybe Fulham had it sussed and there should've been another way of playing although we just can't do that. What would have you liked to have seen us do to be positive?
    Not played the first 80 minutes like we were at the Etihad.

We had more of a go at Arsenal away than we did Fulham.

Not played the first 80 minutes like we were at the Etihad.

We had more of a go at Arsenal away than we did Fulham.
    We did show more at Arsenal, but in the scheme of things surely we should be offering a bit more than just 'Having a go'