Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I watched the Under 18s play this morning and, as they always do, they played a completely different game to the first team - possession is cherished by our youngsters and, although this sometimes gets them into trouble, they stick to their guns about the way they play. Contrast that with the first team where I sometimes think they don't want to have the ball - whatever the truth is, in this time where the "identity" of a club seems to be considered to important, we have been schizophrenic in terms of what the youngsters and seniors do for years.
Not sure if this is good to hear or not. If you said you saw the under 18s and they were massive and they battered the opposition then I'd wonder when we would see one of them break through.

Now you have said that about their style I know we will never see any of those players break through.

We were lucky to produce some good players mainly under dave jones- Joe ledley, Cameron jerome (lennie) darcy Blake (yes he was good once) Aaron ramsey, Adam matthews, Chris gunter- i wonder how many if any of those players would have played at all under warnock?