Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I had an e-mail from someone who recommended him three years ago when he was at Braintree - my guess is he is bound for the Championship at least, so why not look at him. I like the fact that, as you say, he is not wedded to one way of playing as well.
Cowley likes to play a direct style of football with an emphasis on pace and set plays - ring a bell?

Not criticising it and they have done extremely well to get where they have - perhaps they would be a good fit for us when Neil retires but not just yet - a young manager playing swash buckling football from the lower leagues is the approach Ipswich took this season with Paul Hurst - they were soon looking for a safe pair of hands. There's life in the old dog yet but I could have kicked him up the arse for the way we played yesterday.

If we have the opportunity to employ the most successful manager in the history of the championship who knows our players inside out and has already achieved promotion with that club and knows where improvements are needed rather than a whole new approach and a whole new squad with a club that is still heavily in debt I reckon that he would be the man

Luckily we have business men running the club not emotionally reactive football supporters who would be averaging 4 or 5 managers a season.