Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
Don't forget Melisandre's prophesy that Arya would kill individuals with...brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes.
What colour are Cersei's eyes?
That prophecy was already fulfilled, it represents the three faces she killed while training with the faceless. brown eyes = Meryn Trent, green eyes = Walder Frey and Blue eyes = Little Finger

In order to try and make it work for this season they had to re-edit the prophecy (if you watch season 3 it is spoken differently to the last episode) The writers admitted they chose Arya recently as a surprise as it was the last person they originally thought of, hence trying to back track and make the story work.

One thing I am not a fan off, is how OP Arya suddenly is, it seems like as a fan favourite they just making Arya into a super character to keep people on twitter happy. She has had all of the big kills last couple of seasons, she has killed the NK and as you said possibly Cersei? My God I hope not. All because she randomly met a guy who trained her with a stick. Since the book material run out, the writers have just run with her, and ignored all the character development George RR had built.

If George RR Martin ends the series with Arya single handily jumping 30 feet over the generals heads and kills the NK, while John screams at a dragon, then I will apologies. Thankfully I am 99% certain this will not happen as he is not a shit writer like David Benioff.

Maybe it is my fault as a book fan watching the series in the first place, the problem is they did a good job at accurately adapting the first 3 series so I was committed from there. I am sure these episodes keep casual viewers very happy, just a shame they seem to flying in the face of the spirit of game of thrones and what George RR intended.