Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
I think so.
Averaging 31,000 while being in the bottom 3 for most of the season. Not bad is it?
Our crowds have gone from 16,564 in 2016/17 to 31,413 this year.
What sort of crowds would we attract if we were challenging for a European spot?
I wonder where this arrogance come from.

Cardiff City. Two seasons of top flight football in 57 years, both ending in relegation. Crowds of 12,000 in the latter stages of a promotion campaign just 12 months ago. One season with an average of 31,000 and suddenly the club is as big as Premier League champions before last Leicester City.

Cardiff City, shirt sponsorship a negligible amount, from a company that exists, but doesn't pay anything. A sponsorship that brings in £1m less a year than Bournemouth, and Leicester. It is £2m less than that small club Burnley, and little old Wolves have a sponsorship deal that is more than 3 times that of Cardiff.

Cardiff are as "big" as the other 23 teams in the Championship next season. They are smaller than the 20 teams in the Premier League, and if you will insist on using one season of day trippers as sign of the club being big, then I look forward to you accepting arguments of the club being small when their crowds are hitting 12,000 the season after next.

Big clubs don't have to rebrand.