Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
No I would 't say that one seasons results are a compelling reason to change.

Not that I am saying that we shouldn't aim to change in due course but other clubs have gone up and stayed up with similar styles to us.

The lack of a decent striker and the frailty of our defence were major factors in our demise. Even a passing game may not have saved us.
It would have made us worse.

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep the ball more, but surely what’s more important is creating chances and defending properly.

Seems to be an obsession these days in possession football when many over achieving sides play more direct pace and power based football.

Only team to break the big club monopoly recently did that in Leicester. And we beat clubs with huge resources to go up in a similar way. Burnley qualifies for Europe on the back of it.

I think that giving Warnock another year and using that time to plan for the future is exactly the right, most sensible way forward.

2 really good midfielders to play alongside Ralls and the 4 forwards who started at Man U with Hoillet and Patterson to do their bit and Bacuna as back up and I think we will have an exciting line up. Particularly if we can add a really good striker.

Maybe those 2 midfielders will also help us keep the ball- but in a positive way as well.