Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I think it's fair to assume that a team that won the league didn't play like another which was relegated.

I think the reference is probably because Leicester had the 3rd-lowest possession % and number of short passes stats in the PL that season. They also had the 2nd lowest pass success rate %. So highlighting perhaps that it's not exclusively a possession/passing game that gets results in the PL. They were obviously far better though at what they were doing though than City and had better players.
Yeah, i get it. Leicester got the ball forward quickly and supported Vardy with midfielders (very quickly) we actually didn't do that bit. Leicester also played a counter attacking game that really suited their players. I suppose the question is; could we emulate Leicester and their style back then (it has changed twice since then) and achieve relative success? I doubt it, the way Leicester played was very unique. They also had two players in Mahrez and Vardy who were/are Quality. I suppose we could emulate their style, it's probably the closest we'll get under Warnock to an actual style of play.