The fact that a Yorkshire club which, apparently, seeks out Welsh qualified players has more representation in the latest Wales training squad than us should not, necessarily, be an embarrassment for us, but the fact that, yet again, a Wales senior squad contains no one contracted with the capital city club should be a real source of shame for Cardiff City and their failing Academy management.

Last season Cameron Coxe was in the equivalent squad when it was named, this time there's no sign of him. Now, I'm not going to be too critical of City for that fact alone, because he was out for weeks in the second half of the season with an injury. so that may be the reason for his absence.

However, before his injury, the first part of 18/19 has seen no sign whatsoever of any tangible progress in his career as he turned out week after week for the Bermuda Triangle equivalent that is our Development team without even getting the one opportunity to play first team football that he had in 17/18. Bizarrely, there was no loan out to gain that first team experience if he was not going to be afforded it here and so I would argue that, like too many before at Cardiff, he did not "develop", he regressed once he left youth team qualified age.

Apparently, we want Coxe to sign a new contract, but I must ask why when, based on previous evidence, the policy at the club as practiced by a succession of managers, including this one, is to give no locally produced Academy youngster a game in a first team league match which has something riding on it?