Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
My current car is by a PCP deal, it's OK for me, when my 3 years is up (14 months), I have already saved the final payment and will settle up, the down side would be, if you do not have the final payment at the end of the deal, you are effectively tied to the manufacturer if you want another new car. This might be BS as I've not looked at it that closely as i will just give them the 5k that i will owe, I will ask Honda how much they will give me PX before i pay Kia up, as i fancy a leccy Honda next time, I had 12,00 miles p/a and keep within this quite easily, I did include the servicing when taking the deal so it's basically £35 a week petrol to run and maybe a few tyres over the three years.
I have a Similar deal on a vw Tiguan, 200 a month for 3 years then about 5k at the end. You could owe them the 5 as you say and carry on with another newer car but I can’t be bothered, only done 14000 now and is still the newest motor I’ve ever had. Heard quite a few people just lease a car now, get a new golf for £150 a month, never own it but never have a bill or mot or anything.....