Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
You have no idea what I would think about Warnock if he wasn't our manager. I certainly didnt/don't think he is a ‘dinosaur’ but even if he was, he's a rather successful one isn't he. You appear to believe that NW signed Camarasa on the basis of seeing him sit on the bench for the whole friendly match at CCS. I obviously disagree that he would do this. This friendly was arranged some weeks previously as well.
He's a very good manager and I'm not disputing this. What I am suggesting is that the man can only do so much without a sufficient support network behind him. This isn't anyone's fault but our club was clearly affected by the whole Malky affair. Since being burned Tan has been far more cautious with football people and has tended to trust his own judgement until Warnock arrived.

Warnock has obviously garnered a bit of trust from Tan and we seem to be moving slowly in the right direction behind the scenes, however the club is on a process of evolution and we were left unprepared for business when it came to recruitment last summer.