Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Precisely - apologies if I've missed someone out, but the only "proper" Academy products I can think of to have been given a debut by City in the five years since our relegation in 13/14 are Mark Harris and Cameron Coxe and neither of them have played any league football for us in games that meant anything.
I'm laughing because I've just remembered me saying 'don't start him off' to my lad when he mentioned our youth set up to you at the Leeds play-off game. I take your point here, of course, but you can't have it both ways. Our Academy either has to take full credit for Matondo or we have to take some credit for Ralls as the latter joined at roughly the age that the former left.

I was surprised to see Warnock mentioning Coxe the other day but I'd forgotten about the Academy player in the match day squad rule. If Ralls isn't available for any game this season then another of our former Academy lads will be needed to sit on the bench as an unused substitute, it looks like Warnock fancies Coxe for that role.