+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An evening with Warren Gatland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: An evening with Warren Gatland

Interesting.

I'm halfway through his book (ghosted) on the last Lions Tour - Warren Gatland: In The Line Of Fire. He comes across as very focussed, unsentimental and understated, but also as surprisingly impressed by celebrity and royalty (which disappointed me). Above all he is a winner with so much experience and confidence that my usual pessimism about World Cups has been dented. Wales could go the distance!

Re: An evening with Warren Gatland

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting.

I'm halfway through his book (ghosted) on the last Lions Tour - Warren Gatland: In The Line Of Fire. He comes across as very focussed, unsentimental and understated, but also as surprisingly impressed by celebrity and royalty (which disappointed me). Above all he is a winner with so much experience and confidence that my usual pessimism about World Cups has been dented. Wales could go the distance!
    Yep he is certainly confident about the World Cup. Said he is very happy where the squad is right now bar a couple of players who are a bit off the pace. He is also said Shaun Edwards is a bit mad and takes some managing as in has missed meetings. turns up not dressed appropriately on occasions and went on the Lions tour in 2009 with his partner, mum and dad, son, son’s friend and his priest John who got pissed and wet himself.