Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Labour Anti-Semitic?

Is Labour Anti-Semitic?

Re: Is Labour Anti-Semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis...t-to-be-aired/

Also the unreported (except for sites like The Canary) Jewish voices supporting Chris Williamsom and the Labour Party:

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/20...caust-victims/

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis...is-williamson/

Meanwhile in Guardianland the angle of reporting was (via a local member of the Jewish Labour Movement who fell out with Chris Williamson) this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tisemitism-row

Bizarrely it claims that Chris Williamson was once a friend of the Jewish community but became an anti-semite to ingratiate himself with the Corbyn inner circle! That is a new one even for the Guardian (and I thought they had used every attack imaginable). It is cynical and dishonest, but it probably works.

And the latest is the resignation of 3 Labour peers - with a robust response from Labour reported for once.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48923671

I think 3 labour MP, s resigning the whip today wouldn't be right wing media, one of them pretty damming!!!,,??????? Not read anything yet, on the news driving home this evening, perhaps I have misnterpreted the radio.

Panodrama strikes again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Panodrama strikes again!
    Makes you sick don't it.

I'm sure the media is playing this out ,but I also believe there is a nasty element within the Labour family that are capable of this stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ah the Canary.

That completely unbiased web site which is a bastion of truth and fairness!!

I'm sure the media is playing this out ,but I also believe there is a nasty element within the Labour family that are capable of this stuff .

‘not liking the bad old Jew crosses political lines its ingrained in our nasty society to dislike someone, some race some constitutions ,its everywhere in the Labour Party and In the Conservative part and its supporters , like it or not ‘

To paraphrase someone last week.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    ‘not liking the bad old Jew crosses political lines its ingrained in our nasty society to dislike someone, some race some constitutions ,its everywhere in the Labour Party and In the Conservative part and its supporters , like it or not ‘

To paraphrase someone last week.
    Indeed it is its just taking me by surprise how bad it is these days in the modern society .

I always had the nasty Tories down for that anyway , but not the Labour party , I thought they were better than this morally .

Indeed it is its just taking me by surprise how bad it is these days in the modern society .

I always had the nasty Tories down for that anyway , but not the Labour party , I thought they were better than this morally .
    Two wrongs don’t make a right but can someone tell me the difference between Anti semitism and Islamofobia ?

There is an organised smear campaign against Corbyn that's been going on for quite a while. I wonder if Boris isn't thinking it may be a good idea to hold a general election in the not too distant future?

I rarely reply to these threads anymore due to the abuse and caveman comments but the short answer is yes.

Certainly some of the current leadership, party management and some members are anti-semites.

As explained last night, it is an issue with the left with regard to Israel/Palestine/Zionism.

Respect to the whistleblowers featured last night, I was under the impression that they were part of the problem too but stand corrected.

The current situation in the UK regarding this is very concerning for me as a Jew to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossi Benayoun View Post
    I rarely reply to these threads anymore due to the abuse and caveman comments but the short answer is yes.

Certainly some of the current leadership, party management and some members are anti-semites.

As explained last night, it is an issue with the left with regard to Israel/Palestine/Zionism.

Respect to the whistleblowers featured last night, I was under the impression that they were part of the problem too but stand corrected.

The current situation in the UK regarding this is very concerning for me as a Jew to witness.
    I actually know one of the whistle blowers , I was struck by how genuine they spoke and bravely appeared .

Interestingly there were young people speaking out , and they were new recruits , within the new Corbyn era and not employed form the old Blairite guard , so that default excuse when criticism is leveled at Corbyn is a bit tired now .

There was enough strong actual evidenced to suggest there is a real issue

It appears he Corbyn era has sucked back in those old seventies militant groups, that have harbored Anti Semitic views .

Those 20 odd Labour workers who appeared and spoke are either lairs or telling the truth.

I suggest all Labour voters should view the program and decide for your self .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006p8c

All very sad for a lot of Labour voters

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is an organised smear campaign
    This is against Corbyn that's been going on for quite a while. I wonder if Boris isn't thinking it may be a good idea to hold a general election in the not too distant future?
    BBC would be in an awkward pickle, clearly do not want bojo and clearly looking to oust Dustbin, who would they back 😂😂😂😂😂

I would agree with that. I also can see that sometimes, some would argue more frequently than that, accusations of anti-Semitism follows criticism of Israeli policy rather than anti-Semitic behaviour. It's a powerful criticism (accusations of anti-Semitism) and it's a powerfully damaging and horrible action (anti-Semitic behaviour) when it occurs.

Labour needs to work out how to make sure that anti-Semitic behaviour isn't given a home it the party because it's (the Labour party) whole ethos is built on anti-racism.

What irks me, is that today many Labour MPs have come out and said "we must do more to combat AS"

Well bloody do something! Writing letters isn't going to cut it

What irks me, is that today many Labour MPs have come out and said "we must do more to combat AS"

There is a problem and it should have been dealt with by now but is it really widespread within the Labour Party? I’m not convinced. I suspect the Tories are more anti Semitic and without doubt islamophobic but it doesn’t get reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There is a problem and it should have been dealt with by now but is it really widespread within the Labour Party? I’m not convinced. I suspect the Tories are more anti Semitic and without doubt islamophobic but it doesn’t get reported.
    It is rife throughout the party. AS is a characteristic of the hard left.

The bulk of them are using the issue as a blunt weapon to smash a leader whilst a few are sweating a small majority in a constituency where losing their Jewish vote would kill them off. Once you strip those ones back you are left with some that I would consider a bit mentally pro-israel and then a few who generally care about the plight of Jewish people.

Hence why they aren't doing much other than wingeing on TV and social media.

Can't argue with any of that really.

Do you think bigotry is more prominent in the Labour party than other political parties or the population at large?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There was an insane poll recently amongst the Tory membership re: attitudes towards Muslims.

54% of members think that Islam is a threat to the British way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The bulk of them are using the issue as a blunt weapon to smash a leader whilst a few are sweating a small majority in a constituency where losing their Jewish vote would kill them off. Once you strip those ones back you are left with some that I would consider a bit mentally pro-israel and then a few who generally care about the plight of Jewish people.

Hence why they aren't doing much other than wingeing on TV and social media.
    JC could have dealt with this by now, he has chosen not to which tells you everything you need to know.

You can not reconcile JC wanting to (for example) nationalise utilities, builder more houses, introduce the living wages etc. with his anti Semitic views and his harbouring of those who think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Can't argue with any of that really.

Do you think bigotry is more prominent in the Labour party than other political parties or the population at large?
    Another issue with AS is the “but other racism....” point. Yes racism exists in all forms against all peoples in the UK today.

This thread is on AS but in reply to your question, no I do not think bigotry is more prevalent in Labour than the other parties BUT since the hard Left have taken over it is without doubt a breeding ground for AS more so (by a long way) than any other party

JC could have dealt with this by now, he has chosen not to which tells you everything you need to know.

You can not reconcile JC wanting to (for example) nationalise utilities, builder more houses, introduce the living wages etc. with his anti Semitic views and his harbouring of those who think the same.
    2nd point I take, he appears to have run a ship that 'allows' people to say things that they shouldn't. What has JC said himself that you deem clear cut enough to say with confidence that he has anti-semitic views?