Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
Are people that attached to the counties. I mean in Wales the county attendances are poor. For all the talk on here for wanting to support Wales in Cricket, people do not support Wales in Cricket, or Glamorgan, or their local clubs.

The franchise system works well in Australia and in Indian systems, and i do not think it will hurt to have a look at it in this country.

Im a traditional cricket fan, i support Glamorgan I attend matches, i am not a fan of the 100. However i do feel that something has to be done to attract new fans to the game, especially in Wales.
Yes, I am, anyway! I love county cricket. They need to get the game on freeview. While cricket is behind a paywall, nobody is going to care. You can't take the Sky money and then whine that nobody can see your game. God, I hate the ECB. Colin Graves and Giles Clarke, wouldn't wish them on the Jacks .

I am not a fan of the City based franchise but I get it. I don't think it will work though, they've alienated the core cricket fans by telling them, they don't matter, the game isn't for them etc. Also, saying its to get the best players in the world over, except that they won't now be playing because it's at the same time as our test match summer. It's already a point of ridicule in the press and on social media.

Australia has had a state system for as long as anyone can remember and India is absolutely cricket mad, so they could all play in tutus and tiaras and people would still come.