Okay.
Since the Lombards ,( and possibly the Templars before them) , started trying to pull strings behind the scenes by loaning money during the Hundred Years' War, there have been various people, companies and organisations exerting or attempting to exert influence over the kings and governments of the world. They've had various degrees of success in this at different times.
These are the hidden powers of the world and they are very real.

Disraeli described them as perhaps 200 men in suits who have more influence over politics and national governments than those governments themselves. If you want to start calling anyone a mad conspiracy theorist, start with him.

President Eisenhower warned of the growing influence of such groups in his farewell address, and coined the phrase " the military industrial complex" in the course of doing so. Another mad conspiracy theorist you may think.

At this point in time a number of groups of this type are having a great deal of success in suborning governments and politicians world wide to join a massive project which intends to remove nation states entirely and disenfranchise the citizens of these states. The main known body behind this is a thing called the Tri lateral Commision , and the public face of its finances is George Soros.
The aims of this movement are many and diverse, but there is an ambition to bring about a World Government , and that's probably as far as we should go in this brief outline . The Eu is a component part of this blueprint ,and the most successful attempt so far to combine a number of advanced countries under an un elected leadership .

They envisage that this World Government will be run by an "enlightened" elite, and this is what we mean by elitists in this context.

Of course I will now be accused of being nuts, but that's okay and it's what I would expect, but what I have said is accurate and since you asked me a direct question I gave you a direct answer.

What's the line from that movie with Jack Nicholson - "you can't handle the truth" ....... Well most people actually can't handle the truth and so I'll get a bad reaction to all that, but that won't be any big surprise so make of it what you will.