Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
All the criticism of the Rhys Healey deal is ridiculous. He was only 21 when we signed him for very little and obviously had potential, so deserved his three year deal. He suffered a serious injury just as he was on the verge of getting a run in the team and never really recovered properly. Now we have sold him, probably for a profit. So how is all that such a bad thing.
I wonder if that's because you clearly have no idea why people are being critical? For a start, we signed him in 2013 when he was 18, not 21. He was then given the new deal in 2017 (while he was out with the long-term injury that you mentioned) and then never looked like playing for us again after a few cameo roles off the bench (before going on loan to a non-league club for the remainder of the season).

He suddenly reappeared in City colours 12 months later and played a grand total of 48 minutes for us while we were in a relegation battle.

I'm not overly bothered by him having the new contract, but I can certainly see why some people are a bit dubious considering he was only involved in 6 games for us after he was given the contract - none of which were from the start and only once did he play for more than 20 mins.

It could easily be deemed as a poor bit of business.