Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Good luck to him if it happens. I've got mixed feelings about Zohore, for two thirds of last season he looked gone, like his head wasn't in it, then in the final third he started showing glimpses of what he could do, although sporadic which is difficult to pin on him as it was very rare that he recieved a ball that was right for him. I've never thought that he was a natural goalscorer, he's an odd kind of player who looks his best dropping in, collecting the ball deep and turning defences. His best stuff was produced when he had the ball at his feet and defenders played a little higher, and his ability to do a fullback on the outside such was his strength on the ball and that running style that didn't look that quick, but got stronger the further he ran.

It must be said that he was awful in the air, he just couldn't leap for the ball and he new that because Ken liked to back into a defender, when a striker does that then he's forfeiting his chances of contesting a high ball, it also told us that he wanted the ball into his feet as that was where he did his best work. Ken's form seemed to drop when Warnock decided to go more direct in a long ball sense. We were direct before that but with much more of a emphasis on getting the ball wide early with midfielders supporting the strikers, that seemed to come to an abrupt end after we smashed leeds at home during our promotion season, it didn't help his cause and he had to play in a different way to how he'd been successful. It also looked like his confidence and belief had dropped off.

Whatever happens i wish him all the best, he was part of the Warnock revolution, his emergence from nowhere was indicative of how Warnock operated and i suppose looking back was the first sign that we were making serious progress. As for his goals, well people talk about the Preston goal, for me, his best was at Norwich away where from a tight angle he gave the keeper the 'eyes' and rolled it into the near post, he had no right to score that goal, and what an important goal it was.

West Brom aren't going to be happy if they think they're signing a target man.