Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Remember the days when Liam Fox used to talk about how easy getting trade deals would be once we left the EU? Now Brexiteers are reduced to this sort of well, we still won't be as bad as some others type of thing.
Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I set out what I thought in the first of the messages I posted yesterday in this thread and nothing's happened since then to change that However, I do accept that if what you say is true and the second of the alternatives (you are not Wales Bales) I set out applies, then perhaps the term more sinned against than sinning applies to you.

Nevertheless, you have set out the lengths you have gone to to try and prove that you are not Wales Bales and you've certainly written enough long messages on the subject as well. This suggests to me that you are not happy with what's happened. I can understand that, but what I just don't get at all is your reluctance to pin the blame for the whole situation on the person responsible for creating it - instead, you are fulsome in your praise of the cause of your.problem.

What I saw was Wales Bales create your problem by posting a message under his name that read as if you had written it and, hardly surprisingly, people have jumped to a certain conclusion after reading it. According to you, these people are "stupid oafs", but where you see "guile and intelligence" on Wales Bales' part, all I see is someone flailing about trying to get themselves out of the mess they created for themselves - as I said yesterday, distinctly odd behaviour all round.

Well look, for one thing someone has been fair enough to point out that WB didn't do his Rope a Dope till after half the forum was accusing me of being him.

I don't know ANY of these people and so I'm an objective observer to various groups doing battle. I don't play games like that myself, and I was indeed initially mystified when WB did that. I wondered what he was up to but it didn't take me long to work out that he was winding them up and, whether or not I liked that it was quite clever . I said so purely on the basis of credit where credits due - in the little games some people are obviously playing he won by a very long way.

As far as I can see though WB appears to be broadly on the same political side as me so I'm not inclined to go for him, in much the same way that I wouldn't be complaining too loudly about a professional foul by Arter.

The simple fact is though that any connection between myself and WB is entirely in the minds of those who imagined it. I do suspect that he might have had a similar education to me and therefore writes in a similar way.