Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Anyway, Farmer Ronnie. Good to know that Defra's rural broadband initiative has given you the ability to seamlessly post even from a very rural location. Must admit I was pretty jealous when you said you used to own a fairly big farm in the most prosperous agricultural region of the UK. What were you growing? I have contacts with quite a few of the producer organisations in that neck of the woods so we might have more in common than a shared love for Cardiff City

It's East Anglia not Peru ! We've got electricity in a lot of places here now too.
I know some people moan about their internet connections, which you've probably read somewhere about politicians promising broad band fibre connections ( whatever they are) to outlying areas , but most places here have most modern conveniences and certainly sufficient Internet connections for domestic purposes.
There are numerous RAF and USAF bases here housing all the latest and most sophisticated weapons and systems and they control the drones which perform missions in Afganistan and the Mid East, so don't you think we've got phone lines, Sky , BT etc ?