Theres ambition and then there is stupid ambition which teams like Fulham and Villa have in spades. Our squad is now considerably better than it was two years ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm not negative at all about City certainly not on this board but that is plainly not true. Our midfield is threadbare Bacuna, Ralls and Vaulks is not a dynamic midfield by any stretch of the imagination and if we don't add to it with some class in there (I think we need 2 players) we will not control many if any games. I honestly think Neil thinks Paterson is going to be the answer in there and whilst you cannot doubt his enthusiasm and commitment he's not exactly a dominant CM. We have pace out wide and by the looks of things with the signings of Gratzel and Vassel (if it happens) up front pace up front though we have no idea if they will find the net regularly - I think Vassel is going to be back up to Gratzel as Neil isn't going to change his tactics - there will be no room for Madine, Bogle or Ward by the looks of things as we will only play one up front

Our defence and midfield are definitely slower and we have no idea if our forwards are going to be reliable goal scorers as we haven't seen them

No panic yet as I'm hopeful for our next couple of games but this transfer window has been poor IMO