+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I really just don't understand why Tan & Co can't grow a pair of bollocks and open the chequebook whilst we can? Or is it that they are anticipating some sort of embargo in the future and now won't spend much?

Show some ambition and players will come. I'm not being funny, Vaulks might turn out to be a gem, but he and Flint are hardly saying to the other teams in the league and potential targets "look at us, we mean business". They're just really safe signings.
    I've got no issue with the money we're spending. I don't want to be a team who risks it's existence for premier league dream, my issue is that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of method to what we do.

The season we went up we were crying out for pace and Warnock acted accordingly in the window and the the signing of Mendez-Laing added to Junior Hoilett to finally give us threat out wide.

Bamba and Paterson came in and did well and though we were a bit unbalanced yet we gained promotion (over achieving imo).

Since then I haven't really got a clue what our strategy has been. Warnock claimed that Murphy was his is number one target and then signed Bobby Reid and I hoped we were looking at building something. He spends last season calling these two out after most games when most of the time I couldn't see how they were to blame.

Cunningham was a bizarre signing, Arter was underwhelming and I'm convinced (though I have no proof) that Camarasa was a huge stroke of luck.

Dalman stated at the end of the season that we had been under prepared for recruitment in the premier league and one year on we appear to be under prepared again when we're a relatively big fish in a smaller pond. (Compared to last year anyway)

You think we'd be able to attract some real quality to apply their trade here, however we don't seem to be able to attract much in terms of quality.

Bristol just signed some kid from Monaco and though we don't know how that will work out I'd love to think that we could bring in kids like that.

Swansea have spent all summer restructuring behind the scenes whereas we still have the same tired looking duo of Choo and Dalman. I'm not questioning their dedication or work rate but more their football understanding and nous of a niche industry.

It's frustrating that we don't seem to make any effort to keep up with the initiative's of the most forward thinking clubs.

Teams like Norwich, Bournemouth and I believe Brighton are going the same way employing Dan Ashworth who was instrumental in taking Potter from the Jacks are giving us a blueprint of how a modern medium club can be successful and grow yet we are relying on one man (as good as he's been) who says he is 100% retiring at the end of the season to be our saviour.

I find the whole short term strategy bizarre and misguided but time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I find the whole short term strategy bizarre and misguided but time will tell I guess.
    Glatzel could be a very good signing but God I hope we don't have any injuries or suspensions in centre mid before January.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've got no issue with the money we're spending. I don't want to be a team who risks it's existence for premier league dream, my issue is that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of method to what we do.

The season we went up we were crying out for pace and Warnock acted accordingly in the window and the the signing of Mendez-Laing added to Junior Hoilett to finally give us threat out wide.

Bamba and Paterson came in and did well and though we were a bit unbalanced yet we gained promotion (over achieving imo).

Since then I haven't really got a clue what our strategy has been. Warnock claimed that Murphy was his is number one target and then signed Bobby Reid and I hoped we were looking at building something. He spends last season calling these two out after most games when most of the time I couldn't see how they were to blame.

Cunningham was a bizarre signing, Arter was underwhelming and I'm convinced (though I have no proof) that Camarasa was a huge stroke of luck.

Dalman stated at the end of the season that we had been under prepared for recruitment in the premier league and one year on we appear to be under prepared again when we're a relatively big fish in a smaller pond. (Compared to last year anyway)

You think we'd be able to attract some real quality to apply their trade here, however we don't seem to be able to attract much in terms of quality.

Bristol just signed some kid from Monaco and though we don't know how that will work out I'd love to think that we could bring in kids like that.

Swansea have spent all summer restructuring behind the scenes whereas we still have the same tired looking duo of Choo and Dalman. I'm not questioning their dedication or work rate but more their football understanding and nous of a niche industry.

It's frustrating that we don't seem to make any effort to keep up with the initiative's of the most forward thinking clubs.

Teams like Norwich, Bournemouth and I believe Brighton are going the same way employing Dan Ashworth who was instrumental in taking Potter from the Jacks are giving us a blueprint of how a modern medium club can be successful and grow yet we are relying on one man (as good as he's been) who says he is 100% retiring at the end of the season to be our saviour.

As a club it feels we're stuck in the past in some areas

There's a lot of talk about developing and planning for the future, but it never comes to anything